This is the first one I wrote from scratch as a string quartet, and perhaps the one that started the entire project...because I enjoyed it so much. I like the moodiness of it; the quiet intensity. My most complete song, and probably the centerpiece of the suite. Themes:
- transition and change, caught between winter and spring
- depth and complexity, patterns and intensity
- productivity, signs of life and growth
- March (mp3) recorded at the debut performance, which is currently the best recording.
- Geometric (mp3), my first recording of all four parts. It definitely has some bugs to work out, but I feel like it captures the basic spirit of the song.
- Finished score here.